ShopDowntown.org and the American Cancer Society (ACS) have launched a new program that provides discounts at local Southern Oregon stores while raising money to fund cancer research, programs and services. Shoppers who donate $20 or more to the American Cancer Society are eligible to receive a free Shop Downtown Discount Card. Simply make a donation online, get your receipt verified, and receive your discount card to save 5-15% off at participating retailers.
When you get a Shop Downtown Discount Card, you help support your neighbors, the local economy, and the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives, celebrate lives and lead the fight for a world without cancer. You also can get great savings on a variety of products and services every time you patronize a participating member (see participating stores). It’s a win/win situation.
Meet the Team
Daniel Wells, Founder of ShopDowntown.org
Daniel is retired from a 25-year career in Information Technology systems including: ERP, Accounting Software, Human Resources Software, Point of Sale Software, e-Commerce, Custom Software Development, Project Management & Internet Marketing. Certifications include: A+, NET+, MCP & MCSA.
- CMXI, LLC, Founder: Join our mission to bring awareness and loyalty to downtown shopping while raising money for cancer research, education and support. We're Hiring!
- Middleford Yarn, Inc., Owner: Daniel's wife (Heather) purchased a yarn shop and moved it to Downtown Medford. That led us to start ShopDowntown.org as a way to help market all of our neighboring businesses. After we sold the yarn shop, we began expanding the footprint of the domain to create a directory of shops, restaurants and hotels for every City in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- Umpqua Energy, Inc., Founder & CEO: Daniel also developed a working prototype called EVOPAC that reduces emissions up to 85% on NOx, and 95%+ on HC, CO and PM on combustion engines using state-of-the-art components sourced from government labs and private industry. He also won "America's Top Energy Innovator" Award from Secretary Chu of the Department of Energy, and won the CTSI Defense Energy Technology 2012 Challenge. Daniel sold his stake in the business in 2013.
- Software Matrix, LLC, Founder & President: Customers of our enterprise web-based risk assessment software system included Lockheed Martin, Sandia National Labs & Los Alamos National Labs. Daniel sold his interest in the company in 2002.
- Keep Us, Inc., Founder & President: Bought myself a textbook called "Teach Yourself HTML in 30 Days" and a laptop. Started a web design company and turned into an erp software sales representative for my first website client. Together, we sold, installed and provided training and support for Philips Research Site, Black Mountain Gas and Tricore Reference Laboratories by implementing Solomon Software, Cougar Mountain Software and Best Software for Human Resources.
- Cinemark Theaters, General Manager: Charged with continually improving operations at progressively higher traffic stores. Started my career in Medford, OR and transferred to manage movie theaters in White City, OR, Springfield, Oregon, Kingman, AZ, Lancaster, CA, Carrollton, TX and Albuquerque, NM.
A special thanks to:
The American Cancer Society
Impact Funding, LLC
Midtown Marketing Group Inc.